Thursday, March 15, 2012

The most requested recipe I have: Tims Potatoes

I have been asked for this recipe so many times and I have to explain I don't have a recipe.  This time I will post pictures and guesstimates of the measurements.  Ingredient list is as follows:

Potatoes, obviously...if you can see in the picture, I measure the amount by putting them in the dish I will use.

Whipping cream, I use a bit of milk as well, just to keep it from being too rich and to stretch the amount of cream I have.

Shredded cheese.  I'm using Mexican style and usually will add whatever sounds good at the time or what I have.

Chicken base.  We will be making a ghetto sauce supreme, use this in place of salt for extra flavor.

Butter, probably a couple tablespoons, for the roux

Flour, again just a few tablespoons for the roux.

Bread crumbs.  I may crush my homemade croutons for this, I usually just use store bought.

Seasonings, I use garlic and Italian seasoning.  Or I may use Johnnys garlic spread cause I like it more than garlic powder.  No salt will be needed. 

This can be prepared way ahead of time, Ill do them day before if I'm making a large dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment